Saturday, July 23, 2005

TV Guide: July 24-30

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usAnother "collector's covers" which this time no one really wants luckily it's only 2 different covers. It features Clay Aiken with the title Clay Opens Up, an obvious pun on his alleged homosexuality. The accompanying four-page article is full of innuendo. At one point his mother is quoted saying that she just leaves her son alone and reminds him that she did get married until her thirties. Even the graphics of his name C-L-A-Y seem to spell out G-A-Y, not there's anything wrong with that. Aiken also talks about his fear of crowds, open spaces and fans, called "Claymates". His album got pushed back to next year and he dislikes L.A., well at least he has one redeeming quality he hates L.A..


Update 1: To the guys and gals at http://www.clayversity.org/forums/
I 'm glad you love Clay Aiken but it is not outrageous to ask why TV Guide, who obsessed with Hollywood stars and the people their dating, avoided asking if Aiken was with anyone and whether that person he wants to spend his life with is a man or woman.
If I'm wrong or glanced over something feel free to comment and I will correct if it is warranted.
For you fans TV Guide is having a sweepstakes to meet Clay Aiken in NJ, I've entered other TV Guide Contest and never won but they are legit, good luck...
http://online.tvguide.com/sweepstakes/clay/

Update 2:My warped opinion aside 43dudleyvillas at http://www.clayversity.org/forums/ made my point that TV Guide wrote and phrased the article in such a way to confuse his sexuality I'm fine with him anyway, it's just the slanted article was funny. And yes I love to backpedal.
Update 3:Here's what my skewed vision saw...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Good things to read inside:

Breaking News: Out of TVGuide.com James Marsters Spike on Angel and Buffy will play Brainiac/Milton Fine on six episodes of Smallville.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:00 PM

    I'm sooo glad you explained the article about Clay for me----cause I soooo totally missed the obvious points you make. I thought he was saying he didn't want to get married and have a family right now cause he was touring too much, devoting too much time to starting his career, etc., and didn't want to shortchange a family since it is so important to him. I guess that wasn't asking about his personal life and why he isn't seriously dating anyone----male or female. And I really don't see too many interviewers asking anyone if it is male or female they are dating---talk about nose trouble. I also totally missed how CLAY represented GAY in the layout. Thanks so much for explaining what my eyes and brain could not decipher for themselves. I would have never been able to see what it was in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:44 PM

    Doncha kind of think the very fact that Clay talked about how hard it is to develop real realationships in L.A. complete with discussing what kind of dad he wants to be indicates the reporter JUST MIGHT HAVE asked a question or two about his love life?

    Talk about creating what you want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I read the part about him wanting to be a good dad, but know plenty of homosexual couples and singles with children who said the same thing but denied to the world.
    Hmmm remember the Rosie during Rosie and after she left she officially came out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous said..."And I really don't see too many interviewers asking anyone if it is male or female they are dating".
    Valid point it maybe inappropiate.
    I'll see if I can post the graphic layout I'm talikng about so you can judge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:30 AM

    It's amazing to me that people get so wrinkled about the suggestion that somebody might be gay. Some people cry foul while other people think you're invading somebody's privacy. The second I stop hearing about stories like how Angelina Jolie broke up Brad Pitt's marriage to Jennifer Aniston or how Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting married is the day I'll believe Hollywood is no longer concerned with a person's personal life.

    But, that aside, to be upset that somebody like Clay Aiken might be or is gay is just another example of how we, as a society, still believe that being gay is either "wrong" or "inferior." The madness has got to stop. Your entry was very innocent and basically pointed out things that everybody has been thinking about.

    I'll post this over at my blog as well where you asked the question.

    ReplyDelete

Mo' Money Links

Mo" Money

TV is educational. If you can't learn something everyday your box is broken.