Thursday, July 14, 2005

To Blog Or Not To Blog(Soaps)

As a kid I watched those daytimes soap operas , not because I wanted to, because we only had one television and I had no say on what to watch. So for years I've grown to know these characters and storylines. Later on when I'm sick or injured at home, not working or in class I would watch daytime TV and all those reruns and talk shows were bad. Instead I would leave the soaps on for background noise. Eventually the story lines of General Hospital and As The World Turns became interesting and I started to watch them again. But as soon as I got a life I would stop, this went on for years.
Then I bought a TiVo and I heard about this Passions show that was outrages and a lesbian kiss on All My Children so I programed TiVo to season pass these shows so I wouldn't miss the juicy parts. Well Passions sucked and Bianca's lesbian kiss was crap. The side-effect though is that TiVo started recording As The World Turns and I got into the storyline.
Now there are two soaps that I have Seasoned Passed, All My Children and As The World Turns.
I probably won't write about these because there exist huge obsessive fan sites. Although I have to say All My Children is long drawn out and annoying while As The World Turns is quick and well written they also have Michael Landon's daughter on their cast. I could never give a detailed view of each episode and I think TV Guides' 6 sentence summary is great.
A warning to all those parents who watch soaps keep your kids away or they will become addicts in the future..."I learned it by watching you".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mo' Money Links

Mo" Money

TV is educational. If you can't learn something everyday your box is broken.