Friday, September 30, 2005

Once on Sci-fi, Always on Sci-fI

Smallville: Arrival
Grand season premiere and weak CGI (again computer effects look bad). Clark and Chloe are off to the newly created Fortress of Solitude while 2/3 of the evil Kryptonians cause havoc in search of Kal-el.
The Kents once again get knocked around like volleyballs and Clark saves the day.
The banishment of the bad guys into the phantom zone was right out of The Superman Movies with the same spinning black diamond also the chamber where Superman’s power can be removed was similar to today’s storyline.
One of the coolest parts was Leonard Roberts (Forrest Gates) of Buffy the Vampire Slayer as bad guy #2 and James Marsters (Spike) of Angel as Brainiac.
Yesterday Amy Acker of Angel was on Supernatural.
There should be three bad guys but I think the main bad Kryptonian is in the movie Superman Returns and they don’t do crossovers.
Coming soon Dean Cain is in talks to do an appearance and they already filmed the scenes with Aquaman (some Ambercrombie & Fitch model)
Back to the episode Clark loses all his powers again and Chloe is at Lex’s mercy again.

Alias: Prophet Five
After the great season finale last year where a truck hit Vaughn and Sydney. We see it was just a plot by a rogue agent to find out that Vaughn really is and some other implausible storyline. Back to the interesting part...Vaughn is dead three times over. We then catch up to a now pregnant Sydney four months later trying to find out the truth about her dead man.
By the way the funniest part of this episode was watching them trying to cover up Garners huge belly. They try everything, the big purse, the wrap, the towel, an all black outfit and they even used a freight train to cover up the belly.
I usually only watch the first and last episode of Alias, but it is so much like Lost that it is funny.

Night Stalker: Pilot
Another no show monster show, I miss Darren McGavin.

ER: Nobody’s Baby
Danny Glover is playing nice and low key as one of the doc’s estranged father.

I missed Joey and Everybody Hates Chris, I’ll catch up on repeats I did catch a bit of the live Will & Grace it was kinda sucky…cough…Baldwin…cough.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:52 AM

    Hi, I’m new to blogging and I’m trying to figure this thing out! I think my kids were born knowing how to do this thing… but not me! I had no idea there are so many neat sites out there. I’m looking and landed here just looking around. I'll just drop by every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you nice. Blogging is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:09 PM

    Wait a minute? There are Zod, Ursa and Non action figures?

    I'm enjoying seeing Buffy and Angel alum making their way into different tv shows.

    Night Stalker was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I agree...it's no Kolchak: The Night Stalker. It doesn't have the charm the older show had. I don't know why they couldn't just create their own show because it really does not resemble the older show.

    ReplyDelete

Mo' Money Links

Mo" Money

TV is educational. If you can't learn something everyday your box is broken.