Monday, August 08, 2005

Weeds and Anger

Monday and except for repeat of CBS's Monday line-up, which was funny, there are no regular shows to watch. Instead I started watching new shows.

Weeds: You Can't Miss The Bear

This new Showtime sitcom is about a housewife with a dead husband and two boys with bills piling up. In this episode we see all the stereotypes for America. Nancy Botwin played nicely & hotly by Mary-Lousie Parker is getting berated by her neighbors at the PTA meeting even though her husband just died. Later we see Nancy with black people make racist jokes and packing marijuana. She leaves claiming to be the biggest seller in her gated community.
She gets an underling who is gay and has a father,Kevin Nealon a pothead, he is warned not to sell to children but does anyway, hmmmm no honor among drug dealers surprising. Throw in some teenage sex, a Mexican housekeeper and a nerdy boy and that what I left out. The reference to missing a bear is about a show they watch that claims "don't miss a bear when shooting or he'll come after you".

Best line is when Nancy's best friend says "...I should of have had an abortion." in reference to her slutty 15 year old daughter.

Too Late With Adam Carolla
: First Episode
A Comedy Central talk show after The Daily Show. Adam Carolla is angry and doesn't hide it, calling this week of his show pissed off week. He rants about panda's and specifically panda sex. Also he rants about a car commercial and takes calls from other peeved people. He does an interview with The Crystal Method that goes nowhere and has an audience member open a package in under 30 seconds but his timing was off and she loses but he gives her $60 anyway. He's no Jimmy Kimmel.


Another thing I stumbled upon was Telemundo from Puerto Rico this is a station that shows only about 5 or 6 bad shows from Puerto Rico, I can't believe anyone watches these shows on purpose. The worst of which is Mira Que T.V.O a version of Candid Camera/Punk'd except they use racist and sexist jokes. I understand Spanish well and it's even more annoying when you know the language. I'm just bored and trolling all the channels so you be the judge. Watching bad TV is the spice of life because remember as bad as American TV can get foreign TV shows are always worse.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:41 AM

    Who are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A concerned citizen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:46 PM

    Hello. You came to my blog so I'm now here. You should whatch more Japanese TV. I really like most of it for some reason, even though I have to depend on sub-titles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to watch the Japanese old time soaps and a few comedies but I no longer receive that channel on my cable service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:12 AM

    You came to my blog, so I checked yours out.
    I'm gonna watch Weeds just for the fun of it. lol. good post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the visit but Weeds ain't the greatest of shows be warned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:36 AM

    You are correct that Telemundo is indeed awful. Of course, it's beyond hilarious when you're a little soused at 2am.
    And I'm glad that someone else in the universe appreciates Wonderfalls. I swear that show was a semi-biography of me (minus the talking inanimate objects. Although that WOULD be interesting).

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a big mistake not wacthing Wonderfalls the first time around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:44 AM

    Too Late with Adam Corolla is so fake. My life has a bigger budget than that show. The episode that aired on the 16th technically proves a theory I have had. The phone in stuff is crap. My friend who has seen every one has attempted to convince me that it's not rehearsed at all. It's all just off the top of his head. Adam today, took a phone call from Parma, CO. I have lived in Colorado for ten years. I had to google it to find out where this place is. It's a damn truck stop. I really hate fake phone in pre-recorded talk shows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree it does seem scripted and I never trust call-in shows. Well maybe not scripted but layed out in the simplest form so Adam can walk through.

    ReplyDelete

Mo' Money Links

Mo" Money

TV is educational. If you can't learn something everyday your box is broken.