Thursday, December 29, 2005

Pleasant Surprises

Made the appointment to register for classes late and they didn't hassle me.

While TiVo recorded The Closer unexpectedly and I liked it.

The Closer: Pilot/An officer investigates crimes.
Stars Kyra Sedgwick as Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson a new person joining an L.A. police team that investigates high profile crimes.
This first episode was great. It was very graphic and smart. Johnson comes in as deputy chief out ranking veteran officers and everyone hates her. She also is a bit quirky and has a sweets fetish.
The first crime involved a computer millionaire's murder with a gender twist. Of course she solves the crime with ease.
The story was secondary to the acting, such great performances from Sedgwick and J.K. Simmons as her boss. The cast is very New York, by that I mean the actors from Oz and Law & Order are there and other New York faces you commonly see.

Great now I have one more show to add to my, way too long, list of things to watch. Thanks TNT.



Also as some may know I leave my TV on when I'm home during the day despite what else I do. It was on ABC during All My Children and I heard this high pitch distinctive voice of Mrs. Foreman. When I look it is Debra Jo Rupp playing a crazy alcoholic lady. I always thought people only did soaps when they have nothing else to do or as a means to revive their career. Why was she there? Is she related to someone there?

That 70's Show has not filmed there final episode as far as I know.

Update: I found some website that claimed this--She[Rupp] actually played Sheila, the topless waitress on AMC 25 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mo' Money Links

Mo" Money

TV is educational. If you can't learn something everyday your box is broken.