Thursday, December 01, 2005

Life and Death and TV

Wendie Jo Sperber, 47, died in her California home yesterday of breast cancer. She was a staple of the 1980's TV and film scene. I will always remember her from her Bosom Buddies role as the gal obsessed with Peter Scolari because Tom Hanks wasn't good enough. She is survived by a son who is 19 and daughter, 15.
I love when I watch a show and see a star from my youth appear but it's awful when they are so young and start dying.

On the flip side one birth and one pregnancy were annouced today.
Jennifer Garner, 34, and Ben Affleck, 33, welcomed Violet, their little girl, no word on the kids last name yet.
Also after publicly announcing that she and her hubby were trying to have kids she finally got one to stick. Mariska Hargitay and Peter Hermann are expecting their first child together. Hargitay annouced it on her personal and cool website http://www.mariska.com/. Congrats to them we need more Emmy caliber actors on TV.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:47 PM

    Every time I see Wendie Jo Sperber, I always think of that movie she did in the late 1970s called "I Wanna Hold Your Hand". I was a little startled to hear that she had died of breast cancer because she had been in remission for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:36 PM

    Holy crap! Wendie Jo Sperber died? Where was I? I'm quite convinced that my friends and I played a Wendie Jo Sperber drinking game back when I was in college. We adored her!

    Rest in peace, Wendie. Television will forever feel your loss...and I mean that sincerely.

    ReplyDelete

Mo' Money Links

Mo" Money

TV is educational. If you can't learn something everyday your box is broken.