Tuesday, December 13, 2005

New York: Dec. 19

Not the now frozen city but the magazine. I may have said this before but I receive about 15-21 magazines a month, about 4 a week, most for free.
During the dead time between classes I can't study and I don't each much and friends are freaking out over finals so I find a nice quiet space and read magazines. That's when I saw this article New York mag. had about the best of 2005. Most of it was New York centered, but it was your typical year-end list.

Their TV list, by John Leonard, was ridiculously wrong, let me rant.
Best Drama
1) Cold Case--What the hell...Cold Case, I've never watched it because it's bad.
2) House--Great show.
3) Bones--It's just OK, it has potential.

Where's Grey's Anatomy or Surface or Lost or Law & Order: SVU?

Best Comedy
1) The Daily Show--Great Show.
2) Weeds--I saw one episode and since I wasn't high I saw how it sucked.
3) Las Vegas--Not a comedy.

Where's Arrested Developement or Two and a Half Men or My Name Is Earl?

Best Actor
1) Michael Kitchen--Who? PBS? Who?
2) William Petersen--From Csi: Las Vegas...seriously?
3) Hugh Laurie--At least you got one.

Where's any guy from Lost or 24 or Jay R. Ferguson of Surface or Jason Bateman?

Best Actress
1) S. Epatha Merkerson--OK not bad.
2) Mary-Lousie Parker--She not acting she's "naturally" high.
3) Kyra Sedgwick --Always great.

Where's the Sandra Oh or Mariska Hargitay or Kristen Bell?

Best Debut
1) Some bear from an ESPN show no one watches.--???
2) Tyler James Williams--He's a good actor.
3) Rob Schieffer--CBS reporter who has yet done anything dumb.

Best Couple
Comedy: Marshall and Lily, How I met Your Mother.--Their bland and boring.
Drama: Dr. Shepard and Dr. Grey, Grey's Anatomy.--Good choice.

Why not Darnell and Joy, My name Is Earl?

Best Villain
T-Bag of Prison Break-- Good one but the Secret Service guy is just as evil.

Best Incredibly Complicated Plot That Hasn't Unravled Yet
Prison Break--Please it's too predictable and it is working out .

Why not Surface or Invasion or Lost?

Best Drawn-Out Tease
The Lost numbers--They mean little or nothing.

Why not where's Wallace on Veronica Mars?

Best 'Lost' Rip Off
Invasion--Well that maybe true but the explanation he gives is because it stands out among the other spooky one-word title dramas.

Hells no! The only great episode of that show was a copy from every Surface episode.

Best Show You Probably Never Watched
Starved--An FX show about eating disorder that I've never seen because I don't get FX. So he's right.

Best Programming Decision
Moving My Name Is Earl to Thursday and dropping Joey and The Apprentice--I agree.

Best Stunt Casting
Scott Baio replacing Henry Winkler in Arrested Developement--Great with the whole Chachi and Fonz thing and Happy Days connection.

Best Encore
Chris Noth on Law & Order--I'd have to go with Neil Patrick Harris.

Best Rapprochement
Oprah on Letterman--I'd disagree and say Martha Stewart on TV in general.
Best Elegant Ending
Six Feet Under--True.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mo' Money Links

Mo" Money

TV is educational. If you can't learn something everyday your box is broken.