Friday, January 16, 2009

Plain not Plane

So I took trip to the city yesterday looking for some decent sneakers or join the 20th century with a simple cell phone. Didn't find either. Did find a nice belt(similar not exact) for under $20 at Macy's. I decided to take a picture of the Starbuck's in Macy's because all the cool bloggers are doing it.

This is a tiny spot inside a high traffic clothing store so it was interesting seeing a lady passed out in the corner. I did not have anything as I've been in more of a Dunkin' Donuts coffee mood for a while.

So why the plain old boring picture?
I always carry a camera for movie, TV, or other film projects going on or maybe a some beautiful scene of this fair city. Since I didn't have anything to shoot I decide might as well just take a picture of something.

Then I get home turn on the TV and see a plane in the river. Soon dozens of amazing photos are being sent all over the news. If it was slightly warmer I may have been in the area but it was cold and even if I were there I tend to react slowly when the temperature is 3 degrees below deadly.

Everyone survived as you heard by now and here is my favorite picture by a guy in the right place.


It took place right after the crash before the local ferries came to the rescue.

2 comments:

  1. I saw some security camera footage of that "landing" over here too. They were comparing the Pilot's salary and lack of a "bonus" for landing the plane to that of some footballer "Kaka", who is reputed to be getting this rather substantial pay day.

    The mind boggles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of money for a sport I(and most of my countrymen) wouldn't watch even if every other TV channel went black.

    ReplyDelete

Mo' Money Links

Mo" Money

TV is educational. If you can't learn something everyday your box is broken.