Saturday, August 15, 2009

food

Food Network, Channel #97

Food, gluttonous food!

I'm not a foodie although I do appreciate a fancy meal and every blue moon I think I'm a chef or bakery and will try to make something grand.

What I most often want is a pill you take on January 1st and for the rest of the year you don't need to eat.

Back in my youth I would watch hours of PBS cooking shows including Julia Childs and would be fixated. Now I can go months skipping cooking segments or shows.

For research purposes I saw...
Behind the Bash - Some lady goes to the kitchen to watch very fancy food get prepared.
Giada's Weekend Getawayys - I think that same lady eats local Rhode Island food.
Chefography - Rachel Ray is profiled. She intrigues me, just not enough to watch her talk show.
Chef vs. City - Teams of two run around Vegas in reality-show food stunts.
Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives - Burgers, pizza and chili that raises your cholesterol just by watching them being cooked.

They do have a candy show that is great or maybe since I watch it at 3am when I have the munchies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mo' Money Links

Mo" Money

TV is educational. If you can't learn something everyday your box is broken.