Wednesday, February 27, 2013

NBC the 5th Network


At least for the February sweeps NBC is in 5th place behind CBS, ABC, Fox, and Univision. Sweeps is a period of time that the networks showcases their best episodes in order to promote the advertisers.

Let's see how many shows I watch on NBC.
That's it. Worst part is these two shows were not on during sweeps or conflicted with other better shows on my preferred networks. 

Let me break down my primetime viewing habits by day.


I = 30 min. CBS ABC FOX NBC SyFy WB TBS AMC HBO SHO
Monday III
IIII
IIIIII




Tuesday
IIII II II

I


Wednesday
II
II
II



Thursday IIII








Friday







II
Saturday







IIII IIII
Sunday
IIII I



II II IIIIII
TOTAL 3.5 HRS 5 HRS 3.5 HRS 2 HRS 3 HRS 1 HR 0.5 HRS 1 HR 4 HRS 3.5 HRS

As for Univision I never watch it unless I am channel surfing looking for nothing.

This is not all if I expand it past primetime I would add several more hours to ABC for the news and various shows. Add a few more hours for FOX and CBS because of football and baseball seasons. Other regular channel like TNT, CineMax, FX, and a few other only makes NBC seem less relevant.

My suggestion is to stop all the reality crap like Trump's show and all the singing competitions. Refocus on sitcoms like Community and stop halting shows mid-season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mo' Money Links

Mo" Money

TV is educational. If you can't learn something everyday your box is broken.