Monday, November 14, 2005

Sunday Shows

First in TV news the Aquaman guest appearance on Smallville was so popular that a pilot has been ordered. I’m not completely excited because I remember the crap that Birds Of Prey was on the WB.
Also I learned while Oprah was on a date with Roger Ebert, twenty years ago, he basically guided her into the career she has now.
Just checked my TiVo and now they are offering a six week subscription to CNET Download Product Reviews. A 15-minute video of reviews of tech products for broadband customers. Let's see if this screws up my computer like most TiVo downloads does. I love my TiVo and I like my computer but the two of them don't seem to get along well.

Desperate Housewives: Color and Light
Blah, blah, blah…sleeping with exes…blah, blah, blah…creepy actor Page Kennedy’s last episode…blah, blah, blah…ridiculous marriage proposal…blah, blah, blah.

Grey’s Anatomy: Let It Be
Great episode. A woman comes in with a gene that may lead to cancer and wants all of her woman parts removed as a preemptive strike. Once again the medical side of the show is a little on the soft side but the drama is strong.
Dr. Grey is still whining pining over “McDreamy”(their word not mine). George avoided a near death experience and tries to help a suicidal patient but fails. Cristina and Burke have an awkward date, and Bailey is pregnant.
One reason I like this show is that half of the characters are people of color and all of them have rich and deep storylines, unlike ER that still can’t right a storyline for a black character without making them angry.

Rome: The Spoils
Pullo gets into deep problems after becoming an assassin but in a gory and violently cool scene resurrects his spirit and his friendship. Meanwhile Brutus has a choice to make with Caeser…hmm I wonder what he’ll do.

Veronica Mars: Rat Saw God
Joss Whedon made a small appearance in this episode as a rental-car agency manager. Also Harry Hamelin was back talking to his son in prison who was rearrested for the murder of some Mexican. The pieces of the bus crash and Veronica’s life seemed to be intertwined. Also we learned noting new about Wallace.
The “Rat Saw God” title has to do with a rat that Mr. Mars found taped to the bottom of the seat in the school bus after it was pulled from the water.

I miss Extras that was a funny show with a great last episode.


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:44 PM

    Oh, yes...I forgot about Birds of Prey. I really wanted that show to be good because the comic book is one of my favorites. The problem with that show was that they made it way too much about metahumans and metahuman discrimination when that's not what the book is about. The book is about women heroes without super powers working as operatives for a former hero who lost her ability to walk. But, regardless...I'm still excited to see an Aquaman TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:29 PM

    I've read articles about the medicine on Grey's Anatomy being inaccurate. I guess "disease of the week" shows have their place, but this show isn't meant to be in that category. Every time I read one of those articles, I remember the interview with Grey's creator that I read in Entertainment Weekly. Her two goals were to create a show with more diversity and to illustrate the relationships that people can develop at work. She said that the job setting could just as easily been a college because the show isn't really about the medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt Dani the show is the best show on TV with well developed characters of all types.

    This show is what Desperate Housewives wishes it can be.

    ReplyDelete

Mo' Money Links

Mo" Money

TV is educational. If you can't learn something everyday your box is broken.